130.30 ANNUAL NOTIFICATION OF RIGHTS
Students enrolled in or registered with a University campus shall be informed annually
of their rights under these policies, and under the Federal Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act and its implementing regulations, by such means and at such times as are
reasonably likely to inform them of those rights.
Such notifications shall be published in the official campus newspapers or other
official campus publications in a manner that will provide students with clear and
specific information regarding their rights.
The notification shall include a statement that the student has a right to:
- Inspect and review the student's own records (see Section 130.40);
- Request correction of the student's own records (see Section
- Grieve an alleged violation of privacy rights, as specified in these policies (see Section 132.00);
- Have personally identifiable information contained in student records not be disclosed
without signed and dated written consent that specifically identifies: (1) the records to
be disclosed, (2) the purpose of the disclosure, and (3) the party or class to whom
disclosures are to be made. Consent is not required for those disclosures authorized
by Sections 130.711 and 130.721 of
this policy; and
- File with the United States Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged
failures by the campus to comply with the requirements of the Federal Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (see Section 133.00).
Back to the Table of Contents